Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
48.9% of Unions members work for the Government
(02-03-2016, 04:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I have no experience with unionized hospitals or healthcare workers.

I don't have a problem with public unions.  I understand you don't like them because they are able to negotiated "ridiculous" deals which increase your tax burden.  The fact you think union deals are ridiculous indicates that unions have more bargaining leverage when it comes to pay and benefits compared to individuals.  You won't admit it because you don't realize the implication of your own opinion.

Let's take fast food industry as an example.  I'm not aware fast food workers having unions so when it comes to accepting a job it is pretty much take it or leave it.  I'm not aware of any incentive pay, either.  From my perspective, most conservatives consider the poor pay and lack of benefits an incentive to get a better job.  Basically, you want to treat federal employees like fast food workers except add in incentive pay.  If you offer shitty pay and shitty benefits, what type of applicant will you attract? The type of unmotivated underachievers you're already complaining about, but probably worse. 

We should have less federal workers.

And of course unions can bargain better than an individual. That's obvious ..... They also hold down the top tier workers to help keep the lower employed. Why do the lower workers deserve the same protection as the ones who excel or even the ones who just show up and grind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48.9% of Unions members work for the Government - StLucieBengal - 02-03-2016, 05:50 PM