Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
48.9% of Unions members work for the Government
(02-03-2016, 06:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If "of course" unions can bargain better than individuals why do you think individual teachers can bargain better than the unions when you think unions can "bargain better" and receive "ridiculous" deals?

The lower workers aren't holding down the top tier workers because as you just stated "of course unions can bargain better than an individual" so individual teachers aren't going to be bargaining "ridiculous" deals on par with the union's ridiculous deals.  The best individual teachers will get less and the worst individual teachers will get less.

I think in cases of a teacher. If you are a high level instructor and keep yourself operating at a high level then yes you could get a better deal. The union hurts the best employees to provide for the worst and average. They are dependent on the top tier produxtion to set a basement for wages. The reason they can't offer more money to the top tier is because it will come from the bottom tiers share of the pie. All I am saying is that they should take from the bottom tier to take care of the top tier since they are doing the heavy lifting.

How much harder and smarter would you work if 35% of everyone pay was put into a kitty to he distributed to the ones with the highest production? Reward high effort and punish the ones cruising along. No reason anther nurse practitioner (I think that's your job).who isn't doing a better or at least the same level of job performance..... No way they should make the same or more.

In education it works out this way and that's wrong.

Without getting into too much detail how are your contracts set up? You get a bonus which forces a non compete?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48.9% of Unions members work for the Government - StLucieBengal - 02-03-2016, 08:08 PM