Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building
(02-03-2016, 10:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: finally got a chance to watch it.

The agent moves towards the vehicle as it's flying through the snow, instead of back behind the other vehicles where it is more safe.
You can also tell that LaVoy is out of the vehicle clearly with his hands up in the air before anyone has fired any shots at him.
LaVoy only reaches to his left side with his right hand because he's been hit at this point. I believe there was about a total of 6-8 shots that hit him.

How many right handed people carry a gun in their left side? Besides, you can see his hand dips, and he turns to the left while he starts losing his balance almost all at the same time. That tells me he was clearly shot and reacting naturally to it. He also tried to get his arms back up again, but must've been shot again as his hands move towards the middle of his stomach where he probably was shot again. At no time did he ever produce a weapon making it justifiable.

The usage of lethal force was unjustified to me. He had already gotten out and given up with hands clearly up and out away from his body. Apparently the guy that got hit by the truck wanted a piece of him and started shooting, he even went so far as to flip off the dead body after it was all over.

I am waiting on the autopsy report for now.

That is what I saw and why I disputed the whole "he tried to run over the officer" theme. 

It has been pointed out by one who should know and many who do not have a clue that the tactics I would  have employed differ from what stateside LEOs employ. 

If that vehicle would have shown no signs of slowing, it would have been riddled with bullet holes starting at about 50 meters out and nobody would have broke cover. The whole running toward the vehicle thing would have been a "no-no" but like I've said: my experience comes against terrorists whose motive is often to sacrifice themselves in  order to blow you up. The Oregon Terrorists are  foreign to me. 

EDIT: I also re-watched the video and it looked like the LEOs placed the road block just after a curve and I have no idea if the deep snow made the road block not visible from a distance.

I understand there are times you want the road block to not be visible from a great distance, but that just looked ridiculous.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - bfine32 - 02-03-2016, 11:21 PM