Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martin Shkreli pleads the Fifth, then tweets about 'imbeciles' in Congress
(02-05-2016, 11:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They are both very complex issues.  Abortion is very tough.  I feel you are taking a human life so for me that trumps everything.  Then I think, do I get even remotely as upset about knowing there are abortions taking place as when I hear about a 1 year old dying?  Nope.  How do I reconcile that?  Am I just used to abortion?  Is it because I know that the parents aren't suffering the same as when they lose a born child? 

Free market?  I absolutely believe in it, and not just because "the free market fixes things", but because we are free people and should be able to do what we want if it doesn't infringe on others rights.  Where's the line?  

But then you have to look at what rights we recognize. The basis of a regulated marketplace is those making the regulations inferring rights that may not be explicit in our laws. After all, there is nothing in our Constitution that would explicitly call for a safe work environment, fair wages, or any of that. But those rights have been inferred through the years and others in addition to them as we have regulated our economy.

We tend to oversimplify the whole idea of the free market, it's as complex as abortion in all honesty. It's just a matter of abortion hits you in a more primal way and so forces you to look deeper, IMO.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Martin Shkreli pleads the Fifth, then tweets about 'imbeciles' in Congress - Belsnickel - 02-05-2016, 12:15 PM