Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldiers of Odin the next European vigilante group
(02-05-2016, 12:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You may have inferred that, but I didn't get that from the article. This isn't the Guardian, we're talking about the FNC of the UK. They brought it up but definitely didn't push it.

On the ground you will have some police that will sympathize, and some politicians as well (thought fewer of them). The problem is that it isn't just the immigrants that appear to be frightened of them. It's going to be hard for groups like this to maintain any sort of goodwill, for lack of a better term, if their fellow countrymen aren't comfortable around them, either. The politicians and police will take note of that.

Side note, if you didn't want this thread to be about the label, then your first comment on the article shouldn't have been "I guess neo Nazi is the label they are giving any group of white Europeans who are standing up against migrants now."

Leading off with that just guaranteed that was the direction it would go.

It will be interesting to see how the public reacts. The more migrant shenenagins the more they will trust these groups. I think this will be a balancing act by the police. Because I don't see how migrant violence towards Europeans will stop anytime soon.

On your side note: I agree but given the title of the article I felt it was necessary to make a light throw away comment. Fortunately you were able to move beyond and discuss. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Soldiers of Odin the next European vigilante group - StLucieBengal - 02-05-2016, 02:09 PM