Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Rose To Go Into Reds Hall Of Fame Very Soon
(02-05-2016, 01:58 PM)magikod Wrote: HOF is a joke, just like how the Rock n roll HOF is a joke..

RUN DMC gets in but no Deep Purple? what has this world come to...

Phil Collins isn't the R&R HOF either, but Green Day is. I like Green Day, but damn. That's a joke.

(02-05-2016, 02:14 PM)McC Wrote: Really what it comes down to is that he broke THE cardinal rule and then spent so many years lying about.  Just think if he admitted it right off the bat.  It might have turned out very differently.  A big part of his crime was arrogance.

Baseball invoked the character clause, kind of a joke in itself, considering some of the low character guys in the Hall.

He seemed to suffered from the what killed Elvis syndrome, the nobody can convince me I'm ever wrong syndrome.

And yes, it did turn into a vendetta.

That's why I'm okay with keeping him away from baseball and baseball operations. But the HOF is for on-field accomplishments. If you keep Pete out for his character flaws, then why not remove anyone who was an a-hole in real life? Heck, we'd have to do away with the HOF entirely if that were the case.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pete Rose To Go Into Reds Hall Of Fame Very Soon - Shake n Blake - 02-05-2016, 03:12 PM