Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to make the Bengals fans feel better...really I do.
So here's a memory from five years ago when the Steelers lost the Super Bowl to the Packers.

This was my Facebook post after the game:
[Image: 020616.jpg]

As you can see I was very upset!   Smirk

That summer I ran into a VERY big (physically) Packers fan at a gift shop at Virginia Beach.  I had a Steelers t-shirt on, he had a Packers one and he was right behind me in line.  

Neither one of said anything so I broke the ice and said the statue made out of coconuts was neat.  He smiled and said "Only thing that would be better would be if it had a cheese head hat that said Super Bowl Champs!"  And we both laughed and talked nicely.  Later that week I saw a guy with a Bruins jersey on.  I had held the door for him and his wife pushing a stroller and when he walked past I congratulated him on the Stanley Cup win and he was confused for a second and said "Oh!  Thanks!  I still can't believe it happened!"  My son, who was 9 at the time, asked me why I was nice to that guy because we're suppose to hate the Bruins (as Penguin fans) and I took the time to explain that in the end it is just a game and its good manners to congratulate the other guy when they win.

I don't know if either of us do that all the time, but it was a good life lesson.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I want to make the Bengals fans feel better...really I do. - GMDino - 02-06-2016, 08:08 PM