Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rubio To Rape Victims:'I Get It' But Have The Baby 'Irrespective Of The Circumstances
http://crooksandliars.com/2016/02/marco-rubio-rape-victims-i-get-it-have

Quote:Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) promised on Sunday that he would sign an abortion ban as president that provided exceptions for rape even though he preferred for pregnant victims to have their rapists' babies.

Following a Saturday night's Republican Presidential Debate on ABC News, host George Stephanopoulos noted during a Sunday interview that Rubio had been hammered for his belief that abortion was wrong even in cases of rape or incest.

"Abortion to me is not a political issue," Rubio insisted. "It's a human rights issue. And so, if [Jeb Bush] wants to make it a political issue, that's his right. For me, it's not."

"I do require an exception for life of the mother because I'm pro-life," he continued. "Number two, as I've said, if they pass a law in Congress that has exceptions, I'll sign it. Because I want to save lives."

"What do you say to that mom when you look her in the eye?" the ABC host wondered.

"It's a terrible situation," Rubio replied. "I mean, a crisis pregnancy, especially as a result of something as horrifying as that, I'm not telling you it's easy. I'm not here saying it's an easy choice. It's a horrifying thing that you've just described."

"I get it," he added. "I really do. And that's why this issue is so difficult. But I believe a human being, an unborn child has a right to live, irrespective of the circumstances of which they were conceived. And I know that the majority of Americans don't agree with me on that."

"And that's why any law that passed will almost certainly have exceptions. And I'll sign it."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Rubio To Rape Victims:'I Get It' But Have The Baby 'Irrespective Of The Circumstances - GMDino - 02-07-2016, 01:54 PM