Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone broke into my house last night
(06-17-2015, 05:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Nope. Not at all. 

UPDATE: 

I just got subpoena by the grand just yesterday. I have to go in this Friday morning. Im not really sure what to expect. I think im just going to go in and they will probably question me to figure out if they want to continue with the charges, correct? 

Either way, im pretty nervous. I hate getting up in front of people and talking. Anyone ever have to do this before? 

Yeah. They just want to hear what happened from the witnesses and exam any evidence to determine if there is sufficient reason to pursue criminal charges. It is a necessary protocol. You are subpoenaed, so you sort of have to go.

I get subpoenaed to serve as a witness  several times a year with my job. But that is usually as an expert witness and not in a criminal case. It should be basically the same. You wait until you are called, answer the questions and leave. It won't be so bad and you'll be better off for it after you have done it. Just tell the truth. You'll be fine. This is your first time doing this, but most of the people in the court will have been through this loads of times and will have seen victims like you almost everyday.

As far as the guy, he isn't your responsibility any more. The state will decide what needs to be done with him. It is generally best that way.  In his case, I suspect he may get the mental health care that he seems to need.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone broke into my house last night - Bengalzona - 06-17-2015, 06:45 PM