Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy
(02-08-2016, 11:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is a difference between addressing the other side and acting like you don't even know it exists.

Look, you like to argue is absolutes, yet I am sure you would agree that the state has the right to take children away from parents who are abusive to their children in ways that do not involve the physical health like keeping them locked in the basement like prisoners with no contact with the outer world.  That is an extreme, but it does prove the point that abuse can be psychological.  

The suicide rates for all teens is higher than any other age group, and the rate for teens with sexual or gender identity issues is even greater.  This conversion therapy could be very dangerous.  

Would you agree that parents should have the right to change the physical sexual organs of their children through surgery if they want to?  Or should that be left for the individual to decide upon becoming an adult?

As I said anything that does not endanger the child should be allowed. Anytime a child goes under the knife there is a risk so I do not think a parent should be allowed to decide on reassignment surgery. You example of imprisonment is also damaging to the child's well-being. This has nothing to do with removing gender counseling from insurance coverage.

It is ironic that you label me as one-sided when there are those that think this is a good idea simply because what it "might, could, may,..........do". Hell it might lead a confused youth to answers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - bfine32 - 02-08-2016, 12:14 PM