Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy
(02-08-2016, 11:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think adults form their beliefs on their personal experience. To manipulate someone into believing the same as you is horrible. You should want your child to come to the same beliefs as you through critical thinking, and not indoctrination. Oh, and indoctrination is a synonym of brainwashing. Bringing children up through indoctrination is forcing someone to accept that belief. I don't know how you can't understand this.

First of all Benton was the first to use the term indoctrination and stated I was content with such practices. I have no idea where he came to this conclusion, but apparently it was enough for you to run with in an attempt to show why parents shouldn't teach their children the word.

I was kind enough to use the definition of the the word indoctrinate that you provided when you asserted I didn't understand the word. I took  this given definition and said sure and gave my reasoning. That apparently made too much sense so you had to introduce the terms brainwashing, manipulate, and forcing.

As I have said to both you and Benton: tools such as VBS are important in bringing your child up to believe in the word of Christ, but I am not content with them alone. I also mentioned church attendance and personal actions. Nowhere have I ever said or will I ever say someone should be forced to believe. You do realize folks are often actually counseled (gasp) when they choose to accept Christ to ensure they have done so of their own choosing.

As i said I understand fine and your goal is to paint faith in the worst light possible, as you have demonstrated many times, I have no idea why you feel compelled to do so; nor do I understand Benton's motivation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - bfine32 - 02-08-2016, 11:33 PM