Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much does our compensatory pick strategy play into pending free agents in 2016?
I doubt it plays that big of a roll. Veteran players have to choose to get an overvalued paycheck but risk an early release from other teams vs a more realistic dollar amount but generally a guarantee that the Bengals will honor the full contract.

As for signing other team's free agents, the team always looks at players who can 1) meet a need 2) expect a properly valued paycheck
Far too often the players in the free agent wants paychecks at the level they think they are worth not what they actually are.

We've been talking about Marvin Jones with his no hometeam discount. The player that I think will be interesting to watch is Andre Smith. We're virtually 100% sure he is walking but I have a feeling he will end up signing somewhere for far less than he will be asking for on Day 1 od free agency

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much does our compensatory pick strategy play into pending free agents in 2016? - pally - 02-09-2016, 08:06 PM