Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy
(02-09-2016, 08:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: What a load of malarkey.

Stand up for the weak?  Pffft.  In your world the weak take a good beating to learn that life is hard and the world isn't fair.

How about organized fights so we can make sure kids get matched up with a bully?  That'll make a man out of them!

Fear isn't weakness...it is being aware of what can hurt you.  It is a way to be alert and prepared.

Its burns my balls to have to hear another "manly man" suggest that fighting is the only way to prove you are "strong".  That is the thinking that gets us gangs and our culture where if you disagree with someone then shooting them is a perfectly reasonable way to settle your differences and the like.  Heaven FORBID we teach our kids to respect each other and each others differences when we can tell them to just get roughed up a little...or rough up the other guy a little...so they can "learn".

Ridiculous.

Is it a perfect world?  Of course not.

I was bullied.  I handled it.  I also avoided it because I wasn't dumb enough to think getting punched in the face was a "good idea".  When a bully picked on my son I explained to him what to do if it ever happened again.  It didn't.

I get that it DOES happen but to openly say you WANT it to happen and that somehow it is a GOOD thing is completely and utterly idiotic.  But no surprise based on the source of that "thought".

1. Or they could stand up for themselves instead of taking a beating.

2. Fear can be a weakness. It either brings out your best or you cower to the fear.

3. How did you handle your bully? Glad to see you passed on that lesson.

The first time you get bullied shouldn't be as an adult. Obviously we don't think alike on this, that's fine, I'm not afraid of whether my kids will get hurt or not. I think it's important they get challenged. We all need to fail and learn how to bounce back.

And bullying isn't always a fist fight lol

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - StLucieBengal - 02-09-2016, 08:53 PM