Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 NFL Free Agent List (Defense) - Updated 3/10
(02-09-2016, 10:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I love it blame peko for our failure on the Steelers rush if you notice that got a lot more on the outside and the inside. Bottom line he had one of his best years of late i would hope you agree there.  he's under contract he's experienced and it's not like he plays all the time they do a rotation so I don't see him as he official starter

Yes he had one of his better years. Maybe because Atkins is back to form. Dunlap is playing lights out. And MJ is back getting attention. Like you said he is now a rotational player. He is under contract for 4-5 times as much as Sims or Brandon Thompson would cost.

He cost 300,000 less than what Pot Roast cost last year.

We may have given up a low number of rushing yards this year. But we gave up 4.3 yards a carry. Peko had career sack numbers, but that isn't his primary job. He is supposed to be our run stopper. And we got gashed this year.

I just don't think we would see a major drop off if he wasn't on the team anymore. We have Dunlap, MJ and Atkins to be clubhouse leaders on our DL. We have a problem with keeping guys around too long for their leadership, it hasn't got us anywhere as far as post season success. Geathers was another guy we kept around a little too long for his leadership. He didn't even get a sniff from another team after we cut him.

I love Peko. He has done well for us. But we can improve on his spot and potentially get one of the best in the league at his spot for just a little more than he is making. Or get equal contributions for a lot less.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 NFL Free Agent List (Defense) - NATI BENGALS - 02-10-2016, 04:45 PM