Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Didn't Hill Have Two Hands On The Ball?
Backs are trained from the time they are 10 to fight for every inch.

But in the higher levels of football, and certainly the NFL, you have to train yourself to react in a situational way. Jeremy has not done that yet. Something breaks your concentration, and your old instincts take over. It's time for him to develop the focus we need in those situations and make ball security his priority.

All that aside, I wanted McCarron to keep it, but not kneel down, just edge forward and get on the ground. Kneeling would have lost us maybe three yards on three downs. I assume we wanted to kick a field goal, and we were on the 26. That would have been a 43-yarder. Edging forward could have turned it into a 40-yarder, whereas kneeling could have turned it into a 46-yarder. Even at that, we would have forced use of all the Steeler timeouts.

Even if we had missed, it would have been hard for them to advance far enough for the field goal with no timeouts.

But if we make it, which was highly probable, they need a touchdown with no timeouts left. Also we squib kick and take even more time off the clock.

Hill should have done the job, but there was more safety in keeping our offense to one exchange ... from the center to the quarterback.

OK, that's it for me. On to the signing of our free agents and the draft.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Didn't Hill Have Two Hands On The Ball? - Thundercloud - 02-10-2016, 07:37 PM