Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corporate welfare needs to stop
(06-12-2015, 02:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: I don't know you too well, but I know fred pretty good. Fred and I agree on some things, don't agree on many others, but generally have a healthy respect for one another. I know fred is a fairly intelligent poster. And I know fred looks deeper at many issues than most. In fact, he is one of the few who I do think loos at the info and draws his own conclusions. What I am asking him (and others) to do is SOUND as intelligent as you are in your posts. When you use rhetorical terms such as "weathy elite", "big corporations", "military industrial complex" and others, it make you sound like the idiots who just parrot back what they hear the talking heads say on the news magazine programs. Now I know fred will get what I am saying/asking. It remains to be seen if you do.

The problem that I had with your criticism of certain terms was that they were terms commonly used to describe a particular world view. Implying that everyone who uses said terms "didn't think for themselves" seemed like you were slamming that particular train of thought rather than critiquing the use of hackneyed political phrases. It'd be different had you criticized all hackneyed terms that people throw around in order to enhance clarity of discussion but that wasn't how it came off at all. My apologies if I had somehow misinterpreted the angle that you were coming from.

Messages In This Thread
Corporate welfare needs to stop - Yojimbo - 06-10-2015, 05:48 AM
RE: Corporate welfare needs to stop - Bilbo Saggins - 06-18-2015, 01:08 AM