Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld
(02-11-2016, 04:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: The league lacks credibility with these suspensions and such. It's why Goodell has taken so much heat the last couple years. Not surprised. If Burfict isn't a Bengal (or if it wasn't against the Steelers) it wouldn't be as big of an issue.

The league covers their own butts and spins things their way at the expense of justice.  That's just who they are.  Heck they fine players significant money ($10,000 ?) for giving fans the ball they scored with - a terrific publicity maneuver.   And as you point out Goodell has to compensate for his really poor decision-making over the last several years.  What better way than to stick it to everybody's bad boy.  I have very little respect for the league.  

And they clearly pick on whoever they think they can get away with picking on.  The Bengals are the whipping boy of the league.  No one likes them.  And Burfict is everyone's target - players, officials, fans and the league.   It's disgusting.

I will say that Burfict made his bed early in the league with the conspicuous dirty plays that are well documented.  And I'm guessing that there's a lot happening on the field we know nothing about - spitting being just one of the recent claims.

But the girlish hysteria by the Steelers and the officials makes me sick, when he is hardly the only guy making tough hits.  Props to James Harrison for sticking up for him.  He may be the only Steeler I respect anymore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld - 3wt - 02-11-2016, 05:15 PM