Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting stat showing which teams value the draft
(02-11-2016, 05:34 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I would rather have higher quality picks over a large quantity. Obviously depth is necessary, but I'd rather draft quality players with less picks.

But I think once you get past the first round there is not a bi difference between any one pick and the guy taken one round later (32 to 40 picks).

So I would much rather have two picks in the middle of the fourth round than one pick in the middle of the third round.

Of course there is a limit top thisa type of logic.  I would not trade away all my picks in the first three rounds for an entire boatload of 6th and 7th rounders.  But I've seen teams drop a 3rd or 4th round pick to just move up 10 to 15 places.  I be taking extra picks like that all the time.  Especially if I was in the bottom third of the first round like the Bengals.  

And, of course, all this is meaningless if you love a guy that is still on the board.  All this trade talk depends on who specifically is available.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting stat showing which teams value the draft - fredtoast - 02-11-2016, 05:40 PM