Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting stat showing which teams value the draft
(02-11-2016, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But I think once you get past the first round there is not a bi difference between any one pick and the guy taken one round later (32 to 40 picks).

So I would much rather have two picks in the middle of the fourth round than one pick in the middle of the third round.

Of course there is a limit top thisa type of logic.  I would not trade away all my picks in the first three rounds for an entire boatload of 6th and 7th rounders.  But I've seen teams drop a 3rd or 4th round pick to just move up 10 to 15 places.  I be taking extra picks like that all the time.  Especially if I was in the bottom third of the first round like the Bengals.  

And, of course, all this is meaningless if you love a guy that is still on the board.  All this trade talk depends on who specifically is available.
The NFL draft is a superior way to find talent compared to the NBA draft but I do agree with what you said. First round is the untouchable round. You don't trade those away or mess with those at all. If your in the first 5 or so picks in the 2nd those are also untouchable. But when we start getting to the late 2nd and 3rd and on then depending on your position you have some thinking to do about the true value of your remaining draft. Don't expect to get great lineman ready to play from day one past early round 2. You can get a good running back throughout the drafts entirety. I could do this for all positions but we get it. 

If this was the NBA I'd say if you don't have a top 6 or 7 pick to just give up and trade the pick to a team dumb enough to think they can find an all star. The NBA draft has become total trash IMO. Guys like Nerlens Noel can go top 10 and he literally can't shoot a jump shot. Talent has diminished. It's their but it's more rare. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting stat showing which teams value the draft - Housh - 02-11-2016, 06:41 PM