Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld
I'd definitely take this to court, but the law is seldom if ever what we expect especially in court. Burfict isn't squeaky clean, Mr. I don't cheat Brady with the entourage of a million groupies seething with testosterone after winning the super bowl so it's anyones guess how it might play out.
My." significant other" has been a court scopist (look it up) for over 40 years and wouldn't give a plug nickel for Burfict's chances in a court of law especially looking at his background.
Most people don't know it, but if you're put on trial for rape (Rottenbooger) and have been tried 80 times in the past for rape the prosecutor cannot bring up even one prior trial, only the current trial and that's even if you've been convicted all 80 times, but the case of Burfict is a bit different because all of his prior transgressions have happened in open on live TV. His attorney would have to seek a venue with jurors who have never seen football and have no idea how the game is even played and they would all have to sit through watching every hit he's ever made and it wouldn't look good because they would never see the millions of hits by every other football player, just Burfict..
Very dicey proposition..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld - grampahol - 02-11-2016, 07:28 PM