Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld
(02-11-2016, 08:22 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I read an interesting line quoting one of the NFL owners regarding the Raiders attempt to relocate. The owner (I forget who) basically said that (the owners) hold a grudge against The Raiders for Al Davis' defiance throughout his ownership in the league. Even though some owners, including the one quoted, weren't owners for much and in some cases not at all during Al's time in the NFL.

The NFL has a long memory. Which leads me to ponder a thought. That they may hold a grudge against Paul Brown and therefore, The Bengals, even after all this time. Or perhaps they hold a grudge against Mike Brown for some reason, or a combination of both.  Mike often votes against the other owners, so there's that.  I firmly believe that Paul left Mike specific instructions on how to run a team and Mike has stuck to that philosophy, only relatively recently taking a chance away from his those instructions. The grudge the NFL holds against The Bengals can be found in the fact that some players are HOF snubs and Paul Brown isn't honored in anyway other than the stadium, which his son named. That's a mystery ain't it? But all that's an entirely different topic.

My point is, that the NFL obviously holds grudges. Add to that an undisciplined- discipline system and the results are what we have. I don't know about anybody else, but I didn't even watch the super bowl or any playoff games after The Bengals lost. I suspect some of the reason for that is how the NFL handled the aftermath of the Pittsburgh game and specifically the Shazier hit. I could go on and about this shit ...

Two words. Art Modell. Owners picked sides and they went with the younger and more charismatic Modell over Paul Brown. Why well the other NFl owners  didn't like the fact that Brown and his Browns team came in from another league and destroyed the NFL champs the eagles the first year in the league. They didn't like that the Browns humiliated and destroyed an entire league for over an decade.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld - J24 - 02-12-2016, 03:04 AM