Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Next Few Months From Start To Finish
(02-09-2016, 05:10 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: You don't need him back.  You can get similar numbers out of a player in the draft and pay a fraction of the price.  I have never been of the mindset that this team needs to go all in for the short term.  Teams that have perennial success are smart in FA and don't splurge large dollars on #2 receivers.  I may not share this opinion with all people, but building through the draft at the #2 WR position makes more financial sense to me.

This is where I think  I disagree with you.  I think we DO need him.  And part of the reason we do is that he is already familiar with our offense.  The only WR free agents who seem to do well are either returning to their old team or going to an offense that is almost identical - and mostly the former.  I think of James Jones in Green Bay.  Literally was doing nothing for the other teams he went to.  He returns to Green Bay and is an essential and productive piece.

Drafted receivers take several years to develop.  At best they will be productive in a very limited role.  I think if Wright and Alford.  

We were a limited offense when Jones was out, and a non-competitive offense when Jones and Green were out.  If we're going to be a playoff team I think we need him.  And I agree with Hammer that we will have the money to sign him if we let Sanu go.

Other than that I LOVE your draft scenario.  And if the worst happens (from my perspective Smirk ) I like the Fuller pick.  He's a stud that drops some balls.  But he'd be good enough for defenses to account for him.   I love the two defensive tackles.  Their different types with Collins more of a penetrating guy.   Thompson and Sims were averaging only 10 snaps a game.  We need more from our DTs in the rotation and both those guys would produce.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Next Few Months From Start To Finish - 3wt - 02-12-2016, 12:42 PM