Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld
(02-12-2016, 12:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You don't get it..

Vontaze isn't undisciplined. He's calculated if anything. He knows what he's doing out there. He does these things to try to get into the other teams heads, and some times it backfires. The Antonio Brown hit was a bang-bang unfortunate play, but everything else he does to try and get those after the play flags from the other teams. He's not the only player out there that does this.

Vontaze knows what he is doing, but he is not smart enough to get away with it.

He has been fined multiple times.  I am sure he had been warned about suspension if he did not clean up his act.  And finally I am sure the players were warned that this was not a normal game.  The NFL had been accused of letting a prior Bengal/Steeler game "get out of hand".  And then he got busted taking a stupid late hit on Brown.  Burfict clearly dipped his shoulder for the hit when he knew Brown was not going to make the catch.  Players just can't do that anymore.

if you want to hear me scream about injustice lets talk about what Shazier got away with.  But I think it was a hood call against Burfict, and his history justified a suspension.  Goodell is very inconsistent with his discipline, but in this case it does not seem way out of line.  I could agrue that the suspension should be shorter, but I could not really argfue against a suspension.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld - fredtoast - 02-12-2016, 04:13 PM