Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld
(02-12-2016, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Vontaze knows what he is doing, but he is not smart enough to get away with it.

He has been fined multiple times.  I am sure he had been warned about suspension if he did not clean up his act.  And finally I am sure the players were warned that this was not a normal game.  The NFL had been accused of letting a prior Bengal/Steeler game "get out of hand".  And then he got busted taking a stupid late hit on Brown.  Burfict clearly dipped his shoulder for the hit when he knew Brown was not going to make the catch.  Players just can't do that anymore.

if you want to hear me scream about injustice lets talk about what Shazier got away with.  But I think it was a hood call against Burfict, and his history justified a suspension.  Goodell is very inconsistent with his discipline, but in this case it does not seem way out of line.  I could agrue that the suspension should be shorter, but I could not really argfue against a suspension.

The inconsistency of discipline is unfair.  It gives an advantage to certain teams.  The NFL has a history of letting the Steelers get away with dirty hits, but then they come down way too hard on a Bengal player.

If Shazier had been flagged and fined and Burflict had been suspended for one game, justice would have been fairly served.

Another example of the NFL’s unfair behavior is that they took a home game from Cincinnati’s publicly funded stadium and sent it overseas, while at the same time offering $300 million to help build a stadium in California.

The NFL clearly does not treat all teams fairly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld - OBX Bengal - 02-12-2016, 08:11 PM