Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Am I missing something about our free agents?
(02-14-2016, 04:28 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, he's been rated as one of the best RTs in the league since getting his game together. And how is he a douche exactly?

Smith has had some holding penalties, yes. But he's still a very good RT. He's a Pro Bowl caliber RT.

In 2012 he was ranked by ProFootball Focus as the best RT in the league. In 2013 he was still right up there. 2014 he battled injuries but still had some really good moments. 2015 was consistently good. Wasn't amazing, but also wasn't bad.

He's done a lot of positive since his early seasons.

Since you're the one using PFF as your reference....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/02/12/pro-cordy-glenn-tops-free-agent-tackle-list/
7. Andre Smith, Jr.

2015 team: Cincinnati Bengals
Smith had the worst season of his career in 2015 with an overall player grade of 39.6. In his defense, the Bengal has dealt with multiple injuries and concussions over the last two years, both of which could be significant contributors to his worst two seasons out of his five years as a starter. In 2012, he was our highest-graded right tackle in the league, with one of the better run-blocking grades that season. Similar to Okung, it’s possible that he can regain that form, but the uncertainty might be the difference between a short- and long-term contract.

...39.6/100 is "consistently good"? They even say the last two years have been the worst two of his five years starting (I guess they're excluding his awful first two years of injuries and weight). Face it, the guy was awful before hitting his contract year and turning into the beast the Bengals thought they were getting with the 6th overall pick. But then he got paid, put in an okay season after that, and then went right back to turding it up like normal.

He's had 7 seasons. 1 great, 2 mediocre, and 4 bad/awful. He is neither a very good RT, or a Pro Bowl caliber RT. He's honestly much closer to being a bust since that's not what you want out of the 6th overall pick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I missing something about our free agents? - TheLeonardLeap - 02-14-2016, 08:22 AM