Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black History Month: An Alternative
(02-15-2016, 05:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know that once the state has provided prooof of a crime then it is up to the defense to create reasonable doubt.

And as I said before, if it was as easy as saying multiple eyewitnesses are lying because they don't like me then I would win 100% of my cases.  

You are clearly the one who does not understand how it works.

(02-15-2016, 06:13 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I thought he state just had to provide evidence that removes reasonable doubt that a crime took place and that the person is guilty?

I think I did say that I was simplifying things, if it was easy then we could all be defense attorneys.  However, out of the 2 if I had to choose the easier one to do.  I would say defense is easier than prosecution.  I mean for one thing, you don't have to convince all 12, you only have to convince 1 out of the 12.

For some reason you seem to assume that I thought you didn't have to pass a state bar exam in order to be a lawyer.  People don't just pass this exam, well unless you are Frank Abernathy.

(02-15-2016, 06:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are delusional.  I have said nothing like this at all.

You are the king of making stuff up out of thin air.

I have never seen so many people not understand simple communication.

You sated the bold.

I then, read that, and restated as the Italic.

If I "clearly don't understand how it works" as you put it.

Then wouldn't that assume that I don't know that a lawyer needs to do in order to be a lawyer?  Such as taking a state bar exam?

In your little snide remark about me not understanding something you are in essence saying that you don't think I am aware that being a lawyer isn't easy, that one has to take a state bar exam, and that usually you have to go to law school and study extensively to be able to pass it.

I wanted to get clarification on if that was you stance, that you thought I was really that stupid.  That it was supposedly simple to be a lawyer.  Even though in the previous post I clearly stated that was simplifying the process.  That didn't stop you from making your remark though.

Hence the words "For some reason you seem.."  meaning, that this is how your message was received and I would like you to expand.

If I am the "king of making stuff up out of thin air".

Then that would make the leader of this little community of "I didn't say that!"

Effective communication is when you take in what someone says, and then repeat it back to them in your own words.  Basically you are confirming that the information that was passed on is accurate.  If the information is not accurate the appropriate response is "You misunderstood what I was saying and what I meant, let me clarify..."  Not more snide remarks of "You're delusional!" 

Does having a college degree not teach people how to effectively communicate anymore?  Is it a bunch of snide remarks, and then constant denials about what you said?  Is it even possible to have civil debate anymore from opposing sides, or did college just make people disagreeable and unwilling to listen to someone who doesn't have the same viewpoints that you have?

In the other thread, Fred, you showed your true colors, in this thread you are continuing to prove those colors accurate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black History Month: An Alternative - Sovereign Nation - 02-15-2016, 07:15 AM