Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black History Month: An Alternative
(02-15-2016, 06:50 AM)Vlad Wrote: Didn't pay attention to Pats post at first, then I decided to Google it because I didn't even know what the **** it was.

As far as "being proud to be white" I look at it differently.

I don't like saying it because I am inferior to nobody. Let me 'splain.

The common and mistaken argument by misled liberal whiteys is that the people in the image below should be given a pass because at one time or another they were oppressed.

But being oppressed is not why a black person says he is " proud to be black", or why a gay says he's proud to be gay...a man saying "proud to be gay" is simply him telling himself and the world that there's nothing wrong with being gay...that as a  gay man he is inferior to nobody. See those gross gay pride parades.

Being "proud to be black" the same thing.  It implies his race is not inferior to no other and to dispel black stereotypes...the color black is always represented as evil.  Remember the "black is beautiful" movement of the 60's?

Its all about fighting inferiority complexes. I have no inferiority complex therefore I have no reason to tell you I am proud to be white.
Make no mistake, I'm not saying you can't be proud of who or what you are, but expressing it openly sends an entirely different message than keeping it to yourself.

[Image: 2md030g.jpg]

Your logic fails.

I am proud to be white, but I can also admit that there is a privilege to being white in the United States.

The two issues are not connected to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black History Month: An Alternative - fredtoast - 02-15-2016, 01:12 PM