Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The first question to ask about any free agent.
(02-15-2016, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let me back up and make it clear that I am not saying all free agents are flawed.  There are certainly valid reasons for a team to let a player become a free agent.  It could be the emergence of a younger cheaper player that can step up and take his place.  It could be there has been a coaching change and the player doesn't fit a new system.  Or it could be the players decision like a #2 WR who wants to be a #1.

But it is a very important question to ask.  In fact I got this from a GM interview.  I would have cited him if I could have remembered his name.

Gotcha. That's exactly where I thought you were going with this. 

It's a fair question to ask, and I always think about why a player is a FA if I want the Bengals to sign him. It could be any multitude of reasons. Sometimes it's a negative (bad locker room guy, wants too much money, old/lack of talent, injuries, etc), or it could be that the team just can't afford the player, he wants a change of scenery, to play in a certain location, play for a contender, etc).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The first question to ask about any free agent. - Shake n Blake - 02-15-2016, 05:34 PM