Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of the Salary Cap?
(02-15-2016, 10:02 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think that the salary cap is adjusted annually based on the revenue of the league. The NFL is quite extremely profitable, so it makes sense that it goes up every year and consistently. 10 is a whole mess of money to average joes like (I imagine) the vast majority of us are around here. But ten million when distributed among the entire roster of a team isn't all that much (in comparison.) 

Contracts in the NFL have steadily been going up for superstar players, and that's not likely to change. The precedent set by San Francisco in how they dealt with Kaepernick was interesting though. I think that the whole escalators deal with less guaranteed will be more prominent for the mid and next level players, and the top tier players will always make good money. 

You'll probably still see some athletes in the list of the top paid entertainers, but remember, it's not only the football players getting richer. Once you have that kind of money, you have to screw up pretty bad to lose it. 

Great post.  Rep.

I know it's not that much over the entire roster, but I guess I'm wondering if the contracts for the top players (specifically QBs) are going to keep being larger than the ones before them?

It seems that every big quarterback wants a deal that tops all other QBs to that point, and I'm just wondering if it's ever going to stop?

If the top QB, and even the top RB, WR, etc., all say "I want more money than the best guy got before me," then will the contracts just keep growing?  Will we have players making insane amounts of money per year?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Future of the Salary Cap? - BFritz21 - 02-15-2016, 09:30 PM
RE: Future of the Salary Cap? - CKwi88 - 02-15-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: Future of the Salary Cap? - BFritz21 - 02-16-2016, 12:59 AM
RE: Future of the Salary Cap? - J24 - 02-16-2016, 01:01 AM
RE: Future of the Salary Cap? - fredtoast - 02-16-2016, 12:37 PM