Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone
(02-17-2016, 02:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jobs died in 2011, their new encryption didn't come out until 2014. It's real and they can't break it.....that's kind of the point.

Jobs was an example. Like I said, I find it hard to believe the company that created it has no way to access their own stuff.

Quote:Not quite like OnStar, a person in a car has no reasonable expectation of privacy so it make it a lot easier. All customers who aren't doing illegal activity have an expectation of complete encryption from Apple (which was told to them when they purchased the product) and all of them could in fact sue Apple for providing such a key that could be used by the government post sale.

To the bold, it doesn't matter. In 2013 the SCOTUS already ruled that for serious offenses they can swab your mouth for DNA. They can take your fingerprints. They can't store it until after trial, but they can take it whether you object or not. Provided they have a warrant. Same as anything you have written in a notebook, emails, any tangible items you may have used to commit a crime.

As far as the expectation of encryption, meh. Data theft happens every day from iPhones and Apple hasn't stopped that. A terrorist attack occurs, information on the phone could prevent other attacks and suddenly Apple becomes concerned with protecting data? And no, I'm not suggesting they support terrorism. I'm just saying their logic is flawed. Their phones are already exploitable, so saying they can't do it to a better degree than somebody working out of their mom's basement is silly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone - Benton - 02-17-2016, 02:37 PM