Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Superbowl, Pre-Free Agency Random Questionnaire
(02-18-2016, 12:51 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I feel like we're all kind of spinning our tires this time of the offseason.  Eagerly waiting free agency and the draft, but don't have all that much to discuss that hasn't already been beaten to death.  So I figured I'd offered up a random questionnaire to do something a little different.  Here ya go....

1.) Assign a grade for the team's overall performance this season.
B great regular season but once again left the post season without a victory
2.) In your opinion, should Marvin be back for next season?
Yes but not as coach. I think he is the best option to look over the roster but the team needs a new voice in the lockeroom.
3.) This exact point this off-season vs last off-season:  Are you more confident, less confident, or equally confident going into the upcoming season.
Less confident. We have 15 free agents this offseason compared to last season were we had very little. Also new Eifert and Jones being back would help our offense tremendously last season. Now with Jones possibly leaving I have less confidence in our offense.

4.) Who was this year's most pleasant surprise for you?
Andy Dalton- I expected him to have a bounce back season and he did. However I was surprised that he was that good.
5.) Who was the biggest disappointment?
Wallace Gillberry- he had 13 sacks during his first two seasons as a Bengal. This past year he had 2 sacks. Thought he would rebound after a tough 2014 but he didn't.

6.) The Bengals are offered a top half of the round, 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron.  Do you take it?
Yes in a heartbeat!
7.) Biggest free agent priority (in house)?
George Iloka- he has everything you want in a safety and he hasn't hit is prime.
8.) Free agent that you want to see walk.
pacman he is to immature for a vet. Yeah he is good but he is also a loose cannon that can not be trusted.
9.) Vontaze Burfict:  Is his style of play a problem?
No you need a guy especially on defense that is willing to knock some heads. Now he should consider losing a couple of pounds so he can get better in coverage and on outside runs.
10.) You can only keep one: Pacman or Leon Hall?
Neither- Jones is a loose cannon and Hall has had 2 Achilles injuries. Plus both will be 32 or over by next season.
11.) Denver's free agency approach these last few years, worth it?
Worth it yes but I don't think we need to do it. Would prefer to lock up Iloka, Marin Jones, Zietler, and Bernard this offseason. Maybe find a couple of diamond in the rough players in free agency but no need for huge outside spending.
12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be?
Jim.
13.) Are you excited that Kevin Bacon will one day be our owner?
No me and Kevin Bacon have problems.
14.) Name one "name" free agent you would like to see signed this offseason.
Malik Jackson- adding an extra pass rusher would help our defense tremendously.
15.) Do we do better next year than we did this year (either more wins and/or playoff win)?
I think if we play our hands right we will finish with a 10-6 record and we will make a surprise run at the title if our main players stay healthy. But we have to sign the right guys back.
Answers in bold.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Superbowl, Pre-Free Agency Random Questionnaire - J24 - 02-18-2016, 02:01 AM