Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Superbowl, Pre-Free Agency Random Questionnaire
1.) Assign a grade for the team's overall performance this season.

B-.....Last second playoff loss with a back up QB should have been worth a "B", but they way that we melted down gives it a "minus".

2.) In your opinion, should Marvin be back for next season?

Yes.

3.) This exact point this off-season vs last off-season:  Are you more confident, less confident, or equally confident going into the upcoming season.

More.  Dalton took a big step forward, and at this time last year I was not sure we would ever get Burfict or Geno back the way they were pre-injury.  Our defense is TOTALLY different without those two. 

4.) Who was this year's most pleasant surprise for you?

Dalton and Eifert.

5.) Who was the biggest disappointment?

This question should begin "Other then Hill.  .  ."  So I will say Bodine.  He struggled as a rookie, but very few 4th round picks are thrown straight into the starting lineup.  I expected big improvements, but he still looked pretty shaky this year.

6.) The Bengals are offered a top half of the round, 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron.  Do you take it?

No.  Back up QBs are much more important than many people believe.  We have been VERY lucky with Dalton.  And back up QBs are also harder to find than many people believe.  Teams are struggling to find starters that can win games.  We are lucky to have McCarron as our #2.  Plus our roster is deep enough that we don't need to be stockpiling draft picks.

7.) Biggest free agent priority (in house)?

Iloka is the best player, but it may be more important to sign Jones because we have no depth at WR.  I like Sanu.  He looked like a quality NFL WR the first half of '14, but after he dropped a couple of passes it seems like he has not done much of anything since.  And that includes games when both Green and Jones were out.

8.) Free agent that you want to see walk.

Big Dre.  I defended him for years, and although it took him a while he was one of the best RTs in the league for a while.  But he missed the '14 offseason with mysterious "prsonal issues" and has not seemed as effective since.  After last years draft it is clear that he is gone.

9.) Vontaze Burfict:  Is his style of play a problem?

Yes.  Love his attitude, and our defense has to have him.  But he has to learn some self control.  There are plenty of great defensive players who intimidate without dtepping over the line.

10.) You can only keep one: Pacman or Leon Hall?

Pac is the better player, but he is also a time bomb.  I'd keep Leon.  I definitely think we have to keep at least one of them.

11.) Denver's free agency approach these last few years, worth it?

Better question.  Was it worth it for the Jets or Tampa Bay?

12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be?

No brainer.......Terry Tate

13.) Are you excited that Kevin Bacon will one day be our owner?

I am excited about the crossover fans we will get from the WNBA

14.) Name one "name" free agent you would like to see signed this offseason.

Trevathan

15.) Do we do better next year than we did this year (either more wins and/or playoff win)?

Yes.  With a healthy QB we easily win a playoff game.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Superbowl, Pre-Free Agency Random Questionnaire - fredtoast - 02-18-2016, 11:55 AM