Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Superbowl, Pre-Free Agency Random Questionnaire
1.) Assign a grade for the team's overall performance this season.
A-

The team was on fire for most of the year.  They were a shanked kick away from beating the super bowl champion Broncos in their own house and a random fumble away from winning their first playoff game in the Marvin Lewis era - both with a backup QB.  Nothing is as good as winning but they tried their guts out.

2.) In your opinion, should Marvin be back for next season?
Yes.  He gives the team the best chance at winning next season.  Should the team regress under his watch then I could see canning him.  After a season like that?  No way.  No Thumb injury last season and this would not even be a serious question IMO.

3.) This exact point this off-season vs last off-season:  Are you more confident, less confident, or equally confident going into the upcoming season.
About as confident as I was before.  Maybe slightly more confident if they can retain the right players, but about the same.  They're a top 10 team with a top 10 roster - whether they crack the top 5 or drop out of the top 10 will depend on the rate at which they add/lose talent.

4.) Who was this year's most pleasant surprise for you?
Eifert(aside from the Houston game).  If he can stay on the field I think that he could really push Jimmy Graham's best seasons in terms of production.  Maybe not with Green on the same team but I think that he's capable. 

5.) Who was the biggest disappointment?
Jeremy Hill.  I was expecting him to have a monster season.  It was as if he only "turned it on" when he was in the red zone.

6.) The Bengals are offered a top half of the round, 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron.  Do you take it?
Absolutely.  McCarron is a good player.  He's a capable QB and should get better.  The problem is that if you're relying on your backup QB to win, then you're probably not going to have a super bowl type of season anyway.  An early gives you a chance to draft the next Whitworth or Dunlap caliber of player vs. a guy who will ideally be sitting on the bench for his entire career as a Bengal.  I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

7.) Biggest free agent priority (in house)?
Iloka.  Safeties who don't give up touchdowns tend to be pretty important.

8.) Free agent that you want to see walk.
Lemur.  He's never really done anything for me aside from his freakish games against the Ravens.  He's a linebacker who struggles to tackle and was never able to cover the Heath Miller type of guys that always seem to come up with clutch yards.  Next.

9.) Vontaze Burfict:  Is his style of play a problem?
Yes.  It is now that he has a bullseye painted on his forehead.  The league will not let him play like the James Harrison of old.  It is what it is.  He now has to adjust.  

10.) You can only keep one: Pacman or Leon Hall?
Jones.  Both would be ideal.

11.) Denver's free agency approach these last few years, worth it?
Yes.  They put the right value on the right players, something that is very hard to do.  

12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be?
Stanley.  When he gets mad people know it.  He is SICK and TIRED of losing in the playoffs.  Don't you know?

13.) Are you excited that Kevin Bacon will one day be our owner?
Kevin Bacon creeps me out.  But really, I doubt that a whole lot changes when the ownership baton is passed.  

14.) Name one "name" free agent you would like to see signed this offseason.
Wilkerson.  It's not realistic, but in fantasy land Atkins, him, Dunlap, and Johnson would be a d-line for the ages.

15.) Do we do better next year than we did this year (either more wins and/or playoff win)?
Yes.  It could go either way, but at some point one gets fed up with the same results and tries harder in order to achieve better.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Superbowl, Pre-Free Agency Random Questionnaire - Bilbo Saggins - 02-18-2016, 12:03 PM