Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Superbowl, Pre-Free Agency Random Questionnaire
(02-18-2016, 12:51 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I feel like we're all kind of spinning our tires this time of the offseason.  Eagerly waiting free agency and the draft, but don't have all that much to discuss that hasn't already been beaten to death.  So I figured I'd offered up a random questionnaire to do something a little different.  Here ya go....

1.) Assign a grade for the team's overall performance this season.
B

2.) In your opinion, should Marvin be back for next season?
No, I tend to think he has taken the team as far as he can.  I also think the team has suffered from a lack of composure during most of his tenure.

3.) This exact point this off-season vs last off-season:  Are you more confident, less confident, or equally confident going into the upcoming season.
Much more confident.  This time last year I did not feel nearly as good about Dalton.  I think he really took a big step forward.

4.) Who was this year's most pleasant surprise for you?
Dalton.  I think he was leaps and bounds better than what we have seen in the past, both physically and mentally.

5.) Who was the biggest disappointment?
Without question, Jeremy Hill.  Most times he did not even resemble the same player as 2014.

6.) The Bengals are offered a top half of the round, 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron.  Do you take it?
No.  I like McCarron and would hold onto him.  He is under contract, at a very reasonable rate, for the next two years and chances are he will have to take meaningful snaps again.

7.) Biggest free agent priority (in house)?
Either George Iloka or Marvin Jones.

8.) Free agent that you want to see walk.
Tate.

9.) Vontaze Burfict:  Is his style of play a problem?
Yes.  The penalties, and now suspensions, hurt the team and are only going to increase from this point going forward.  He has to learn to play within the rules, as there is an even bigger target on his back.

10.) You can only keep one: Pacman or Leon Hall?
This is a good question... I would take Hall on a two year deal simply because of the character.  I always think something bad is right around the corner with Pacman, something that is going to hurt the team.

11.) Denver's free agency approach these last few years, worth it?
Without question.  They have been to two Super Bowls in three years and have a trophy.  Even if they have to lose some players and go through a couple "down" years (which probably won't actually be too far down), it is completely worth it.

12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be?
Kevin kind of looks like Mike Brown...

13.) Are you excited that Kevin Bacon will one day be our owner?
I read where he and his wife started working again because they lost the great bulk of their money to the Madoff scandal, so I doubt they buy anything.

14.) Name one "name" free agent you would like to see signed this offseason.
Danny Travathon

15.) Do we do better next year than we did this year (either more wins and/or playoff win)?
In my opinion, the only thing that makes next year better is a playoff run.  I don't know that a Marvin led team is capable of that, but I will choose to be positive and say "yes".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Superbowl, Pre-Free Agency Random Questionnaire - OrlandoBengal - 02-18-2016, 12:10 PM