Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals reportedly "making push" to keep Vincent Rey
(02-17-2016, 10:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Your logic does not work.. Linebackers are the main tacklers are most all teams.. Look at the top 40 tacklers for 2015.. like 80 percent are Linebackers.  To say he did well because he was designed to make tackles is  what all teams do.  

Sorry you can't just discount that he is in the top 25 in the NFL I believe over the last two years in overall tackles... He is a good player.. can play all LB positions.. 

and sorry I will trust the coaches judgement way over a arm chair QB like you that is just dissing on Rey without any true stats.. Marvin I believe already mentioned that Rey is at or near the top of the list for them in FA's.. makes sense to me especially with how thin we are at LB

Ugh. 
There's a different designs of defenses. Ours is to force plays to the WLB. Some force to the MLB. 
We use our MLB to eat blocks and create lanes for the WLB. The WLB in our defense will always have more tackles than the MLB or SLB. 

The last part is a joke. We are thin at LB because we have guys like Vinny Rey. Average at best players. We need to upgrade our LB corps. Not keep it the same. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals reportedly "making push" to keep Vincent Rey - RoyleRedlegs - 02-18-2016, 01:02 PM