Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-18-2016, 07:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've been avoiding these threads because they become a shit show every time and I'm not going to bother going down that rabbit hole any longer. I did want to address this, though. I am not going to say whether you are intentional with this or not, no one knows your motives but you, but the inference that gets taken away from your posts when you call a member of the trans community a "transmission", a "transformer", or misgender them is that you are doing it in a derogatory sense and it is disrespectful. Edit to add: When you refer to a person as an inanimate object or an animal it is almost always going to come across as disrespectful because it is perceived as you putting them at a lower status, a sub-human status.

I've given up on this sort of thing because my opinion on what is juvenile and disrespectful has shown to be less tolerant of these sorts of shenanigans than the opinions of others. But feigning ignorance with this when it has been explained a number of times is a bit ridiculous.

No I am aware of the ridiculous amount of pronouns and labels. I just choose to not play that game because I think life is hard enough for these people who are obviously mentally confused and need serious counseling and help. Me just going along with their mental condition isn't helping them at all, it may seem harsh but we do none of them any favors by playing along with their mental perceptions. Do you tell a wildly obese person they are fit because they believe they are or do you encourage them to get help?

This is where I am coming from when I do these things. I don't do it to make fun of a *****. Heck I just watched an interview with a one who said the labeling is dumb. You might appreciate it actually.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales - StLucieBengal - 02-18-2016, 07:31 PM