Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-18-2016, 07:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No I am aware of the ridiculous amount of pronouns and labels.   I just choose to not play that game because I think life is hard enough for these people who are obviously mentally confused and need serious counseling and help.   Me just going along with their mental condition isn't helping them at all, it may seem harsh but we do none of them any favors by playing along with their mental perceptions.     Do you tell a wildly obese person they are fit because they believe they are or do you encourage them to get help?    

This is where I am coming from when I do these things.    I don't do it to make fun of a *****.   Heck I just watched an interview with a one who said the labeling is dumb.    You might appreciate it actually.  

Coming as someone that is very obese I can tell you that if someone were to "encourage me to get help" that didn't know me, I would find it to be very disrespectful. First, you don't know what circumstances that person has in their life that is causing the situation, whatever it may be. Second, maybe that person is happy the way they are and what right do you have to contradict that? People can be absolutely happy with their life as it is. Fat, trans, gay, whatever. But it just takes repeated bullying from assholes people that don't think that person should be happy the way they are because they don't fit their perception of what it normal and right with the world to make that person depressed.

Like I said, I'm not going to sit here and try to make anyone change the way they do things. I'm just trying to explain why these things can cause issues on here. It's been said that we should stick to the arguments and not make things personal and when we act in a disrespectful and derogatory manner towards people for being trans, gay, fat, black, Hispanic, Muslim, Christian, whatever, that is making it personal and it leads to an environment where healthy discourse cannot exist. So if we truly want to have a place where we can discuss topics in a mature manner, then we all ought to consider how we approach these thing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales - Belsnickel - 02-18-2016, 07:42 PM