Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone
(02-19-2016, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In the name of public safety the policve have to have access.

And, yet, the police can or have found a way to access my house...They don't need a master key.

Let's say the police have a court order for my safety deposit box, but they don't know which one.  Should the bank be required to allow them access to all the safety deposit boxes to find mine?

(02-19-2016, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We can not have 100% freedom to do whatever we want.

Nor should the government be given a sledgehammer when a scalpel is needed. We don't put the privacy of thousands or millions of people potentially at risk simply because it's more convenient for the govt with respect to ONE individual.

I have ZERO doubt the govt is more than capable of cracking that IPhone (otherwise they are REALLY wasting my tax dollars). They don't want to do it for paranoid reasons unique to the govt with respect to the public and enemies knowing what they are capable of when everyone already knows they are capable of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone - JustWinBaby - 02-20-2016, 01:24 AM