Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(02-21-2016, 05:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Still not following what you are saying.

Are you saying these people all drove drunk and did not wreck, or are you saying that they did not drive drunk?

Seems to me you are claiming that they were all driving drunk but not wrecking.  Otherwise how would you know how strongly the laws were enforced.

I really find it hard top believe that people in other countries can drink and drive without wrecking.

You not getting this is extremely humorous.

OK....

I did not say that these people are drinking and driving.  In fact it seems to be the opposite, even though they are very lax on their laws.

You seem to think that without the current laws that our drinking and driving rates will increase.  That the laws and the licensing is preventing deaths and without them more people will drive drunk and we would have more accidents and more deaths.

I disagreed with you and provided my own experience.  I have been to countries where drinking is legal, these countries have very lax laws regarding driving, to the point that all you might need is just a picture taken and no real testing.

Now without the strict licensing and the ability to drink and law isn't strictly enforced.  They don't have a lot of drunk driving deaths.  They have some, but not a huge increase as you seem to think we would have without the regulation.

While stationed in Korea, I had to do a bit of driving.  Now, I am/was licensed in the US, but the Korean government had no way of knowing or verifying my ability.  I didn't even have to show that I had a license when getting a vehicle.  Even then, I still couldn't read their traffic signs and just drove as defensively as possible.

So no, I am not saying everyone is just driving around drunk...*chuckles*... I am just saying that there doesn't seem to be an increase of drunk driving related instances in my opinions.   Hilarious

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-22-2016, 01:21 AM