Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the Social Justice movement distored itself?
(06-18-2015, 08:23 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Political opportunists (and really just opportunists in general) have latched on to social justice as a way to divide people so as to create a need for a champion.  This has the added convenience of allowing political opportunists to step in on the other side.

A lot of "movements" today really illustrate how stupid and gullible people are.  It exploits the average person's need to feel special or elite getting fired up over something 99% of the population doesn't care about.  And there's dozens of such issues - it's 50/50 someone you know, perhaps even respect, has some radical bat-shit crazy idea about something.

What I have come to believe is that most of the PC or Social Justice movement had its beginnings, in academia, where liberal professors would interject their political and social view into their lectures.  At first, many laughed it off, (like in the movie PCU) then, as the internet grew and people started finding a way to capitalize on the causes, people started finding ways to become "victims", so that there was some way to make the majority "pay" for it.

What I find oddly ironic, is that now the very liberal professors that initiated this whole movement, are now slowly finding themselves on the wrong side of what the movement has morphed into.  Kind of reminds me of the satires where the once bullied becomes the bully.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has the Social Justice movement distored itself? - SunsetBengal - 06-18-2015, 08:38 PM