Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(02-21-2016, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it was legal to drink and drive and no one was required to have a drivers license I believe that traffic deaths would increase dramatically.  I think the number of innocent people killed would skyrocket.

What do you think?

(02-22-2016, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Which means zero.

You have not posted anything to back up anyhting you said.

How many people have you personally seen killed by drunk drivers here in the United States?  Most people have never seen a single one.  But that does not mean it does not happen.  So what do you even mean byt your own experience?

So i really don't understand what you are trying to say at all.

Facepalm

Do you see the question there Fred?  Do you?

You are asking me what I THINK.  You aren't asking for truth or stats or anything that I would need to provide concrete evidence for.

You wanted my opinion.  I gave it.

When stating my own experience, I mean, by acknowledging that I have been to countries where drinking and driving is very possible, but for some reason, maybe Belsnickle is right about it might have to do with people drinking at a younger age, there aren't a lot of people that are getting drunk and driving.  I see them drinking, I don't see them driving afterward.  I see them driving, but I don't see them so drunk they can't stand.

So I don't think the laws would have any real effect on the amount of drinking and driving statistics in our country.  I COULD be wrong.  However, you COULD be wrong as well.

We both have an opinion that is opposite of each other.  Only one way to find out and that would be to be less strict on the laws and procedures for a length of time, to see how it would play out.

Hilarious   Again, look at your question Fred.  You asked for my opinion, so I can at least draw from personal experience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-22-2016, 01:58 PM