Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(02-21-2016, 03:53 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Well, considering that I have been to places where getting a license is as easy as getting a picture taken, no test needed and drinking is a favorite past time, I would have to disagree with you. 

It is actually very surprising how few automobile accidents that there were in these countries.

Now, before you get the wrong impression, these countries do have laws against drinking and driving, they also have a license program.  These programs just aren't enforced.  The laws aren't enforced.  I hailed a "cab" and the driver couldn't have been older than 12, but he did know how to drive.

Of course that is just what I think.  I am sure you will just call me a liar and ask for evidence on what you clearly meant to be an opinion.

(02-21-2016, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What country was this?

I strongly disagree with you.  I think that people would be drinking and driving and killing people all obver the place if there were no laws against it.

(02-21-2016, 04:38 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: There were a few.

Korea has lax laws in regulating drivers.

Thailand has lax laws.

Uganda has very lax laws. (This is where the kid was)

I am told some of the other less talked about Muslim countries are pretty lax with their laws.

Like I said, they have the laws, but the laws aren't strictly enforced.

I don't know what the punishments are for violators, but the locals didn't seem to worry too much about them.

That is because you think people can't be trusted to govern themselves.

(02-22-2016, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: http://www.koreanewsonline.com/road-dangers-surface-in-seoul/

South Korea, about 5,500 people die in vehicle related accidents yearly.

Kim Ki-bok of the Green Speed Campaign has been working on traffic safety for 30 years. While he sites the need for improvements in maintenance and infrastructure, he pinpoints the lack of political holding back road safety.

“Politicians and the government care about  popularity and worry a lot about the potential backlash from the Korean people if they strengthen punishments for traffic law violations,” says Kim.

Kim’s struggling NGO and others that work vocally argue that stronger punishments will save lives, but Kim says such advice falls on deaf ears, “it’s not enough to persuade politicians and decision makers.”

Looking at more statistics concerning South Korea’s traffic safety record bears out Kim’s position. According to the South Korean Police Agency 8 million speeding tickets were given out in 2013. Drunk driving remains a huge problem, although some progress may be underway with the number of offenders caught declining from 430,000 in 2008 to 240,000 in 2012. However, repeat drunk-driving offenders show no decrease over the same period.

Then Fred post an article backing up everything I have been saying.   LMAO

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-22-2016, 02:01 PM