Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarterbacks' quicker releases a product of subpar protection
(02-22-2016, 02:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: RRL is going to love this thread.  Smirk

It's a case by case issue. Watching the OL there were very few actual issues in pass pro. Andre's injuries are catching up but he was still above average. Bodine is still the clear and obvious weak link. 

Our quick passes are designed because that's how Dalton works best. Getting his pre-snap read in and going. Get it into the hands of your playmakers fast. 
Andrew Whitworth proved before Dalton was here, he can pass block. 
So did Andre. 

Nothing about Zeitler or Boling says they would begin to struggle. 

I think part of the problem is people have a weird sense of how long people actually have to throw and how long plays should take. 

(02-22-2016, 02:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Where did Macaroni rank in release time?

That'd really help with this discussion. Obviously McCarron was sacked at a much higher rate than Dalton. I've seen some say that this happened because McCarron held the ball way too long. I don't doubt that this was part of the problem, but seeing where McCarron ranked would go a long way towards answering that question and some others.

If McCarron's release time was average, then you'd have to look at the o-line as a problem.

Yes and no. If the play is DESIGNED to be a quick play the OL takes different moves to set it up rather than a 5 or 7 step drop. So if it's a quick hit play, the OL takes a shorter set to then get moving down field to the second level and the QB holds it, that's not an OL problem. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quarterbacks' quicker releases a product of subpar protection - RoyleRedlegs - 02-22-2016, 02:26 PM