Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
Per PFT, Burfict says that he would go low if he could do it over again:

Quote:“Like I told coach [Marvin Lewis], I wish I could take that play back because I probably would’ve hit him low,” Burfict said. “I don’t like hitting low, but I have to change because it’s getting flags because I hit him high or hit him in the helmet, and it’s so hard to determine where to hit the offender because they’re gonna tuck their body, and you have to pretty much tuck with them.”

So Burfict either has to go low and risk blowing up AB's knees, possibly crippling him, or just letting him make the catch, but that's the NFL today.

He also realizes that he's being singled-out, so he has to be even more careful than the average player:

Quote:“I play hard. Sometimes it gets me in trouble,” he said. “My style of play is aggressive, and [the game has] changed, and I have to change with it, and that play right there, I think if I wasn’t number 55, I wouldn’t have got flagged.”

If he wasn't 55 or if he just wasn't a Bengal against the Steelers.

Maybe now he'll start playing like he knows he's being singled out, which playing with more control will make him even better, so let's hope so.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - BFritz21 - 02-23-2016, 10:02 AM