Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-23-2016, 10:02 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Per PFT, Burfict says that he would go low if he could do it over again:

So Burfict either has to go low and risk blowing up AB's knees, possibly crippling him, or just letting him make the catch, but that's the NFL today.

He also realizes that he's being singled-out, so he has to be even more careful than the average player:

If he wasn't 55 or if he just wasn't a Bengal against the Steelers.  

Maybe now he'll start playing like he knows he's being singled out, which playing with more control will make him even better, so let's hope so.

Sounds like James Harrison really rubbed off on Burfict from his time here in 2014.
Harrison said very similar things back in 2012 after hitting guys high - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114506/article/pittsburgh-steelers-james-harrison-aiming-low-on-hits

I do think that Burfict was playing the man and was preparing to hit/tackle AB. Not fully incidental contact, but things happen. The only thing I think would have prevented the hit is if Burfict instead would have tried to play the ball, looking at the QB instead, which could have caused him to contact AB incidentally and wouldn't have been nearly as severe nor flagged.

Hopefully this causes Burfict to play a little smarter and he can still keep his edge. Would hate to see a timid Burfict out there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - ochocincos - 02-23-2016, 10:51 AM