Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-23-2016, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict was outside the has marks when the ball goes over Browns hands.  He then dips his shoulder to take a shot a Browns head.

[Image: burfict1.gif?w=650]

Burfict had plenty of time to make adjustments and not hit Brown.  Just like if the ball had been arriving Burfict would have had time to adjust and make a play on the ball instead of just lowering his shoulder and hitting Brown.  We see defenders make these adjustments all the time when they decide to go for the ball instead of the hit.  

The ball was so far passed Brown that Buyrfict does not even pretend to make a play on it.

Watching that gif, it shows that when the ball arrived at the point of Brown's hands, Burfict is in full stride and then takes just under two full steps to reach AB. The gif is slow motion, and the time from when the ball is just above Brown's hands to when Burfict hits him is 1 second. Therefore, in full speed, the time between the ball reaching Brown's hands to the time Burfict comes in contact is less than 1 second.

Is a 250 lb linebacker running at full speed who is not the most agile LB able to really fully avoid contact with just 1 second between the ball reaching Brown's hands to coming in contact with him? I think a RB, WR, DB or truly fast, athletic LB MIGHT be able to move in time, but a man of Burfict's size and agility needs to be taken into consideration.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - ochocincos - 02-23-2016, 11:48 AM