Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-23-2016, 11:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Watching that gif, it shows that when the ball arrived at the point of Brown's hands, Burfict is in full stride and then takes just under two full steps to reach AB. The gif is slow motion, and the time from when the ball is just above Brown's hands to when Burfict hits him is 1 second. Therefore, in full speed, the time between the ball reaching Brown's hands to the time Burfict comes in contact is less than 1 second.

Is a 250 lb linebacker running at full speed who is not the most agile LB able to really fully avoid contact with just 1 second between the ball reaching Brown's hands to coming in contact with him? I think a RB, WR, DB or truly fast, athletic LB MIGHT be able to move in time, but a man of Burfict's size and agility needs to be taken into consideration.

This is ridiculous.

If the ball had been arriving later then Burfict would have had plenty of time to adjust and make a play on the football instead of just taking about Brown  We all see it happen all the time.

To claim that a LB is unable to make any adjustments to the movement of his body and can do nothing but fly helplessly through the air defies logic.  We see guys make adjustments like this all the time when the ball is arriving on time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - fredtoast - 02-23-2016, 11:58 AM