Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-23-2016, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict was outside the has marks when the ball goes over Browns hands.  He then dips his shoulder to take a shot a Browns head.

[Image: burfict1.gif?w=650]

Burfict had plenty of time to make adjustments and not hit Brown.  Just like if the ball had been arriving Burfict would have had time to adjust and make a play on the ball instead of just lowering his shoulder and hitting Brown.  We see defenders make these adjustments all the time when they decide to go for the ball instead of the hit.  

The ball was so far passed Brown that Buyrfict does not even pretend to make a play on it.

Fred,  why are trying to argue the exact point you and I already discussed, and it was proven with still shot pics of that same play, that contact with Brown was unavoidable?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Burfict-suspended-first-3-games-of-2016-season?pid=159610#pid159610

You said.... "Making contact" is totally different than "dipping his shoulder and turning it into Brown".

Here you agree that there was no way that Burfict could avoid making contact, and above you claim he could not hit Brown.  Since contact was unavoidable, how should Burfict have reacted to the inevitable contact?   And please explain how he could have done so in the time he takes 1 1/2 steps, after the ball goes off of Browns fingertips, with Brown also moving towards him.  

I don't think many people are arguing that the play was a penalty.  I think the argument is simply that the play was NOT the butcher job it is being portrayed as.  If almost any other player in the NFL makes that same play, they would draw the flag, but likely not be suspended, and the play would be "dismissed" as being an unfortunate hit and part of the game.  However because it IS Burfict, there is a 3 game suspension, and the media is still talking about the play a month after it happened.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - Shepdawg - 02-23-2016, 12:52 PM