Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-23-2016, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is ridiculous.

If the ball had been arriving later then Burfict would have had plenty of time to adjust and make a play on the football instead of just taking about Brown  We all see it happen all the time.

To claim that a LB is unable to make any adjustments to the movement of his body and can do nothing but fly helplessly through the air defies logic.  We see guys make adjustments like this all the time when the ball is arriving on time.

I did not say that Burfict couldn't make ANY adjustment at all, I said that he might not have been able to adjust so much as to completely avoid the contact.
Yes, you see it happen all the time across the league. But not every player is the same. Some are (far) more agile than others.

Burfict clearly made a decision prior to the ball getting to AB that he was going to try to hit/tackle rather than play the ball. But once he made that decision, there MAY not have been enough time for Burfict (who is not the MOST agile LB) to COMPLETELY avoid the hit from the time the ball reached Brown to the time Burfict came in contact with him.

You are trying to generalize something because many other players have shown the ability to do it. It does not mean that EVERY player can do it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - ochocincos - 02-23-2016, 12:55 PM