Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-23-2016, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict was outside the has marks when the ball goes over Browns hands.  He then dips his shoulder to take a shot a Browns head.

[Image: burfict1.gif?w=650]

Burfict had plenty of time to make adjustments and not hit Brown.  Just like if the ball had been arriving Burfict would have had time to adjust and make a play on the ball instead of just lowering his shoulder and hitting Brown.  We see defenders make these adjustments all the time when they decide to go for the ball instead of the hit.  

The ball was so far passed Brown that Buyrfict does not even pretend to make a play on it.

Correct. Burfict had plenty of time to adjust and miss him. 

I don't blame him for hitting him. If it were me, i'd hit every single steeler that a ball came near. I don't doubt that he didn't mean to make contact with his head. Clipping a dude's midsection when he's exposed can be painful. I'm sure that's what he was going for and Brown ducked into him.

The only thing i disagree with Burfict about is that someone else wouldn't have been flagged. They would have since there's a clear rule about hitting defenseless receivers in the head or neck.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change - rfaulk34 - 02-23-2016, 02:48 PM